Overview"WE DEVELOP YOUNG PEOPLE'S RESILIENCE, MATURITY INDEPENDENCEAND MORE"
Why Outbound Experiential Learning?
In a tranquil setting, a break from routine gives participants the required environment to be able to introspect and analyze them-selves. As facilitators, we create situations, which invite participants to discover their own answers to challenging issues. Participants are challenged to think critically, communicate effectively, solve problems creatively, display leadership, take risks, and actively support teammates.
Experiential learning is a method that moves away from the theoretical and parrot-fashion learning methods of traditionalist education. Some things simply cannot be learned from books or lectures so experiential learning is a natural and constant life process on which all development training, particularly Management development Outdoors aims to capitalize. Experiential learning can be seen as a four-stage cycle -
- Concrete, personal experiences followed by :
- Observation of and reflection upon one's experiences, which leads to :
- The formation of generalizations and abstract concepts, leading to :
- Hypothesis to be tested by future actions, which in turn lead to new experiences
Out Bound team building and experiential learning has been shown to -
- Improve communication, problem solving and team work.
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Improve group dynamics and learning to function as cohesive unit.
- Help teams identify their strengths and areas for improvement
- Develop self-awareness, leadership and social skills
- Appreciate the benefit of physical activities and a healthy life style.
- Build trust among participants and grow together in an unfamiliar environment
"EVERY YOUNG PERSON SHOULD EXPERIENCE THE WORLD BEYOND THE CLASSROOM AND OFFICE AS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT WHAT EVER THEIR AGE, ABILITY AND CIRCUMSTANCES"